Job Role :Integrated Housing and Floating support worker (Permanent – Part Time)
We are pleased to be recruiting Integrated Housing and Floating support worker for day duties for our client.
Integrated Workers support young people to build the skills and confidence to maintain their own homes. Young people will receive individualised support based on support planning ongoing assessment/review and keeping safe were appropriate.
The role of an Integrated Worker is to provide a range of interventions to assist Young People aged 16-25 to access and/or maintain their own accommodation. The worker will work across both Floating Support and Housing Services to support on average 15 young people in the community and provide support to young people in our housing service as and when required.
Hours:28 Hours per week
Rate of Pay:£21,388 per annum & pension at 4% of Salary (pro rata for part-time)
What the role entails:
· Ensure all young people are cared for by appropriate staff. Workers will participate in shift patterns that meet the needs of the young people.
· To identify Support Plans in partnership with Young People and Professionals/Service were appropriate and take the lead in creating safety plans and ensuring regular reviews.
· To provide Holistic Support (on a one to one and group basis) to all young people accessing the service.
· To provide practical 'hands on' support to assist Young People with all areas of managing their tenancy including life skills and emphasising the importance of being a good neighbour. Workers will liaise and advocate with Housing Executive/Housing Association/Landlords.
· Working effectively within a team and ensuring information is communicated with Young People and external agencies.
· To provide information, advice and assistance on claiming benefits and on accessing other relevant agencies and services
· 2 years’ experience of working with young people age 16-25 in supported housing or community based support or similar environment
· Degree in Social Work, Youth and Community Work or similar
· 1 years’ experience of working with young people age 16-25 in supported housing or community based support or similar environment
· Experience of assessing risk and safety planning in order to keep young people safe
· Experience of assessing need and support planning for young people
· Can develop own approach to practice based on reflection and feedback
· To be resilient and compassionate in a challenging environment
· A full current driving license and access to a car is required so as to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full
If you think you meet the criteria, please call our office and speak with Ciara on 028 37537591 for more information and how to register for this role.