IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Informatica Developer to join their team. This role will offer an excellent opportunity to support our client by establishing an Informatica Centre of Excellence.
If successful, you will be responsible for creating and managing ETL processes that load data from various sources into relational/non-relational targets including Mainframe data sets. You will also be expected to participate in design, development, testing, execution and quality assurance of both automated and manual data integration and exchange processes using various Informatica tools. This is an exciting opportunity which will involve working closely with wide range of professions across the organization to implement the overall data strategy.
- Design and develop enterprise ETL solutions using Informatica Velocity methodology
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration, data integrity and data quality
- Translate business requirements into ETL designs, mapping specifications, Test scenarios and validations
- Defining and converting Business rules into ETL processes
- Create robust and high-performing ETL mappings using Informatica PowerCenter and other Informatica tools
- Provide technical knowledge support to the team
- Implementing technology improvements to our Data integration environment
- Contributing to technical and process flow documentation
- Contribute to the establishment of a COE by defining standards/guidelines/practices
- Implement solutions in alignment with strategic vision
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent required
- 5-8 years of ETL development experience
- In-depth knowledge of all Informatica transformations, mapplets, variables, workflow creation, incremental logic and error management
- Experience with optimization or performance tuning of ETL Jobs, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in developing Informatica ETL mappings to load data from different source systems into relational/non-relational targets including Mainframe data sets
- Developing and executing scripts on UNIX/Linux platforms
- Proactively monitor jobs with good debugging skills
- Experience with Agile environment
- Experience in Informatica Velocity: Informatica Best Practices & Methodology
- Interacting with business partners in the US
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.