Job Role:- ICT Officer
We are recruiting an ICT Officer for our public service client.
The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance and supervision of the client’s programmes and ICT systems, which includes:
To assist the ICT Team in providing a cost effective and smooth-running ICT service to client. Working in conjunction with other ICT staff, the IT Managed Services provider and other suppliers to ensure that staff and volunteers can be productive in their own roles using ICT whilst ensuring that any problems are promptly resolved.
Location: - Belfast
Hours of Work:- 9am to 5pm (35 hours per week)- There will also be a requirement to provide remote support during evenings and weekends. A flexi-time system is in operation.
Salary:- £25,166 - £27,892
What the role entails:
Contribute to client by supporting the ICT service in a way that embraces the vision of ending homelessness and meets and delivers the strategic objectives of:
- Delivering client led solutions to support people who are homeless and reduce the number of people who are at risk of becoming homeless.
- Positively influencing public policy to ensure homelessness is unacceptable.
- Sustaining an ambitious organisation recognised for its excellence. Provide day to day support of ICT within the organisation
- Support IT applications including OSKA, Exchequer, PAMS and Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide training and support to staff in the use of IT systems and software applications.
- Ensure that Data Protection procedures are followed throughout the organisation.
- Maintain the IT asset register showing serial numbers and configuration of all IT equipment within the organisation.
- Develop procedures and document resolutions to common IT issues.
- Organise and attend meetings, taking notes to produce minutes when required.
- Engage fully in regular supervision with your Line Manager.
- Attend training courses as appropriate.
- Relevant third level IT qualification plus at least 2 years of IT experience supporting IT users within a small to medium sized organisation.
Relevant IT certifications plus 3 years’ experience supporting IT users within small to medium sized organisations.
- Experience of :
- working within an IT Help Desk system and recording case notes
- supporting ICT users with various levels of ICT technical knowledge
- providing remote support by phone and email.
- setting up user accounts on computers and mobile phones
- setting up secure printers and WiFi systems.
- installing and troubleshooting networks and structured wiring systems.
- working within the SCNI IT team will involve lifting IT equipment and climbing stairs.
A full, valid driving license and use of a vehicle is required to be able to meet the requirements of the post.
- Experience of supporting users of a VOIP phone system
- Experience of supporting users in a Microsoft Azure Server environment
An understanding of the voluntary sector and issues affecting people who are homeless or other vulnerable at risk groups. e.g. People with Mental Health issues, People with Offending Histories, People with Addictions or Young People
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.