Job Role: Helpline Practitioner
MPA are pleased to be recruiting Helpline Practitioners for our client based in Belfast.
The clients priority is to provide a range of universal services, accessible anywhere in the UK, focused on protecting children and young people and preventing abuse the times when they are most needed.
Their services include a helpline, Childline and information services for adults worried about a child or young person, or professionals or organisations working with or on behalf of children and young people. Their breadth of service offerings and expertise makes us integral to the child protection system.
Shift Pattern and rate of Pay:
- Various Times Between 8am - 11pm on a 24 week rota
- The rate for this role is £13.65
What the role entails:
- Engage with a range of different service users taking into account their individual needs, rights and current situation.
- Provide support and guidance to carers, professionals and members of the public, and advising them in an appropriate manner, adhering to effective safeguarding practice.
- Work with fundraising staff to promote the work of the service and to internal and external audiences including supporters, fundraisers and volunteers.
- Attend meetings or appropriate external groups as directed by Helpline management
- Provide advice in answer to enquiries from inside or outside the Organisation
- Maintain professional working relationships with staff from other agencies.
- Work alongside staff from other agencies or departments to deliver effective services.
- A qualified social care (OCF level 2 and above), health or education professionaland have substantial and extensive experience in safeguarding children and young people
- Driven by making a difference
- Up-to-date knowledge of child protection legislation and practical experience of child protection and welfare issues
- A passion for customer service
- An understanding of the needs of children and their psychosocial development
- Ability to collect, assess and summarise essential information in written format
- Good IT skills
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael. McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.