Our clienthas a great opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant to join their busy team on the outskirts of Derry City. As the Group Financial Accountant, you will be the lead finance person in the business unit with a team of 6 financial personnel and several location administrators. You will be reporting to the Group Finance Director.
Your remit will include the preparation of timely, accurate financial information for senior management as well as group reporting deadlines. You will lead the finance team and take responsibility for the financial control and transaction processing within the business unit, running the day-to- day activities. You will also be required to carry out ad hoc projects while working closely with senior management.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Form a close working relationship with the Board of Directors and Senior Staff within the business
- Motivate and lead the company’s financial department and accounting function team members.
- Supervise and lead financial department staff, including accountants, financial assistants, payroll, Credit Control and purchase ledger.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop financial department and accounting function team.
- Lead the main accounts team and ensure that they have the relevant records to enable them to process transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure by regular review with Credit Control Department that debts are collected as they fall due.
- Manage payments to Supplier within the agreed terms.
- Provide analysis of Income and expenditure figures as required
- Assist the Directors in the preparation of Budgets, Forecasts and Financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Review all budgets, forecasts and financial plans regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist company staff with finance related matters as they pertain to the company.
- Report to the Board of Directors with timely and accurate financial information.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of support schedules and back up to the management accounts
- Management and maintenance of the consolidated management accounts pack
- Preparation of monthly Group Board reports
- Daily treasury and cash flow management (across multiple ERP systems)
- Intercompany Reconciliations / Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and tax computations
- Group budget consolidation and management of versions
- Other project-based work will be required on an ad hoc basis
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Assist the MD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Assessing and monitoring new acquisitions and New Build PFS
Skills & Competencies:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- 5+ years post qualified experience in a commercial environment or SME.
- Worked with and/or managed a financial department and accounting function team, and have experience in preparing statutory accounts, meet statutory reporting requirements and maintain excellent working relationships with the external auditors.
- Good Knowledge of Accounting Ledger Systems
- Highly organised with an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good reporting and presentational skills and are happy presenting financial information to senior board directors in a meaningful and concise manner.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and have the facility to understand and utilise differing accounting software packages.
- Working with different currency bases.
- Ensure accurate completion of returns (both UK and ROI) and ensure compliance throughout.
- Experience in successful payroll execution.
- Self-motivation and ability to take on responsibility where a financial impact is evident.
- Property Portfolio management experience.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Cash flow management.
- Pro-active, with a creative approach to relationship-building, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
Salary will be tailored to attract the best talent.
To apply for this role, please send your CV by clicking on APPLY NOW and I will call you back to discuss the role in more detail.