IT & Digital
£13.72 Per Hour
See Job Description
MPA Belfast are recruiting on behalf of their public sector client, Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council for a temporary Graphic Designer based in Antrim.
- Communicative English, both written and verbal,
- BDes (Hons) Design for Visual Communication (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 3 year’s relevant employment experience Essential within a creative design environment in each of the following areas:
- High level of artistic ability and creativity
- Skill at using computer package,
- Experienced in lithographic and digital print management
- Organisation and administration of work
- Working within budget to meet deadlines
- The ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and deal with a range of diverse projects
- Working knowledge in each of the following packages: Apple Macintosh OSX, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Acrobat and Microsoft Office
The Job Role
- To be responsible for providing creative and high quality graphic design service across the Council in line with the Council’s Corporate Plan, departmental business plans and the Council’s Communication Strategy.
- Project manage design from concept to completion, planning the day-to-day schedules and liaise with Heads of Service, staff, suppliers and agencies to implement projects.
- Provide professional specialist recommendations to other services on the most appropriate and cost effective, researched design solutions to support the optimum delivery of their business plans to contribute to the Council’s vision and goals.
- Design and monitor the implementation and application of the corporate brand and report any compliance issues to the Media and Marketing manager.
- Utilise specialist design and print knowledge to advise in the creation of select lists of external providers relevant to design work and print suppliers.
- Monitor the Council tender for print services and provide contract management reports to the Media and Marketing Manager.
- Provide artwork for advertising to the media and other suppliers and to liaise with Council services to ensure the agreed deadlines are met.
- Create and maintain an archive system for design artwork on the mac server.
- Provide a photography service for PR events.
- A full job description is available on application
- Rate of pay: £13.72 per hour
- Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Holiday pay accrued from first day of employment
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly pay
- Temporary basis for 6 months initially
If this vacancy is of interest to you, please email your CV/contact details to [email protected] or call 028952 11111