€40,000 to €50,000 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading Hotel in the North West to source an experienced General Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for all heads of department and meet with them to discuss performance of the hotel and their teams where applicable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations of the hotel to include, operations, administration, management of all employees, finance management, supervision, purchasing, & profitability of the Hotel. You will be involved in the supervision of developing and communicating company policies, goals and results, assisting the entire team and provide solutions for day to day problems. You also will lead and develop the team to ensure they achieve and maximise their individual and team potential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist our client in managing daily company operations to ensure positive, safe and profitable working environment
- Assigns duties to Heads of Department including Head Chef, Finance Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Duty Manager, housekeeping, all other staff and observe performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Coordinate with the Directors in planning short and long term projects, budgets, expense controls, schedules, and manpower.
- Develop and implement staffing and business plans to achieve business target.
- Develop positive working relationship with the support divisions and operations team to ensure proper operational support in regards to all internal and external audits.
- Develop operational strategy and ensure that the operational activities within food & beverage meet changing trends within the industry. The role includes assisting with menu compilation, costings for both food & beverage and ensure all employees are inducted, trained and signed off for all menu changes with the department prior to menu launch.
- Address operational, technical and mechanical issues in a timely manner.
- Identifies training needs, organises training including safety training, to staff
- Selects or assists in the recruitment of hotel staff, completing required paperwork
- Adhere to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Receive and resolve or assists in resolving guest complaints and employee issues
- Available for on call when required with reliable transportation
- Covers shifts in all departments as required
- Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Strong management skills; ability to appropriate assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice and assistance as required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanour at all times
- Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments
- Ability to effectively resolve employee concerns/HR issuesAbility to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to show flexibility to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Ability to build and motivate team members at all levels, excellent communications and leadership skills are necessary to ensure the continued success of the hotel
- Exceptional leadership and team building skills and ability to develop people and a senior team.
- Strong skills in employee and guest service training
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence