MPA Recruitment Ltd are working with a long established, reputable Hotel based in Co. Donegal.
They are currently seeking a Front Office Manager to join their busy team.
The Front Office Manager has overall responsibility for supervising the front office team, Night porter and working closely with the finance department to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Full working knowledge of PMS, Channel Manager, Word, Excel, Social media.
- The role involves working weekends and shifts.
- Efficient and professional operation of all front desk team members.
- Visible in front of the house during high traffic times to assist the front desk team and to ensure smooth guest service.
- Conducts day-to-day shift meetings or team briefs.
- Initiates monthly department meetings with agenda and minutes.
- Production of weekly reports to Directors and nominated senior team members as requested.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and sales strategy meetings when needed.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are in place are adhered to.
- Ensures that all team members are trained on technical and service aspects of their position.
- Establishes control systems for controllable costs and labour in order to effectively meet budget guidelines.
- Ensures that all team members clearly understand their job roles, responsibilities, and performance expectations.
- Gives constructive feedback to team members to assist them in their overall job performance.
- Collaborates with managers, supervisors and front office team to develop and carry out ideas and procedures in order to continuously improve department performance and guest satisfaction scores.
- Ensures that plans and actions are in place to meet departmental goals.
- Ensures that plans and actions to meet departmental goals are communicated, understood, and met by managers, supervisors, and the front office team.
- Ensures good communication between all departments and the front office to better Serve our guests.
- Responsible for training, and development of all associates working for the front desk.
- Counsel’s supervisors and front office team on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Efficient in managing the front office rota and payroll as it relates to Profit & Loss statements.
- Understanding the operations of the sales and Housekeeping department.
- Organize and prioritise daily work; monitor progress against schedule and business demands; manage own time and time of the department.
- Express facts, ideas, and messages to others in a clear, concise, and organized manner that is easily understood.
- Successfully manage stress, anxiety, and pressure associated with tight deadlines, heavy workload, and hotel emergency situations.
- Anticipate the needs of guests; display an open, friendly, courteous, and approachable demeanor to guests; proactively engage guests to provide quality service; maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward guest service.
- Clearly and effectively express ideas, facts, and messages verbally to others.
- Communicate goals; motivate and guide team members towards goal accomplishment; understand and provide clear explanation of job requirements and performance expectations.
- Required holiday cover and some Duty Manager shifts.
For further information, please contact Leanne on 028 71360070 or to apply forward your CV to [email protected]