£40,000 - £45,000 NEGOTIABLE
Our client is a well known hotel group with prestigious locations throughout the UK and Ireland. A new vacancy has now developed at their Derry City location for a qualified, experienced Financial Controller. As Financial Controller, you will lead the Hotel’s finance function in the delivery of accounts consistent with the policies and timetables of the Hotel Group. This should include clear and consistent management of controls and compliance and ensure that the high level of reporting standards are being maintained.
Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, you will consistently seek to provide business acumen to parties both within and outside the finance function to ensure that risk is mitigated and opportunity taken. This includes partnering with the GM and other non-finance related disciplines to deliver on the overall objectives of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with the General Manager, Central Team & Senior Management, on Accounting and Financial issues.
- Management of the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Responsibility for the integrity and security of data and information held on the Finance Management System and its related files and the coordination of upgrades to the system.
- Oversee all aspects of reporting and cash management for the hotel.
- Responsible for setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop your team.
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of your team with an emphasis on training and teamwork.
- Work on special department projects as needed such as system conversions, new software implementation and hotel conversions.
- Oversee monthly closing and post-closing activities, such as perform detailed financial statement variance reviews, research and resolve issues arising throughout the closing and post-close period, review and approve balance sheet reconciliations, perform workpaper reviews, and review and approve wire transfers.
- Coordinate cash management needs for hotels: this includes review of actual and projected cash flow reporting, review of owner distributions, and monitor cash requirements and working capital balances.
- Supervise cash flows, revenue, and owner reporting for focused and full-service hotels.
- Evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department
- Implement and manage departmental processes and procedures to ensure strategies and directives of the department are carried out
- Be open and receptive to challenges to prevailing practices/beliefs, involving others in decision making.
- Translate strategy into operational reality by delivering high quality, professional and innovative services.
- Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA.
- Previous, post qualification experience in a similar Accounts position.
- Proven experience working with Accounting & finance systems and processes.
- Proficient user of Accounting Software systems such as Opera, Sage 200.
- Strong practical understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial information and budgets to Senior Management.
- Previous Accounts experience in the Hotel/ Hospitality industry.
Please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 360070 for more information about the role and client or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.