Finance & Accounting
£17,000 to £18,000 Per Annum
MPA have been recruited by a national charity organisation to source a Financial Administrator to join their team in Derry/Londonderry. This registered charity facilitates International Development and Development Education (DE)/Public Engagement (PE) activities, working in partnership with local organisations in Tanzania and Ethiopia to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged young children, with a particular focus on Early Childhood Education.
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Officer, the successful applicant will provide a professional initial point of contact for the organisation. He/she will assist with the administrative functions of the Finance Department at all times adhering to and ensuring adherence to the practises and procedures outlined within the finance policy and carry out general office duties as and when required. You will be responsible for providing direct support to the finance department and covering reception duties.
Your financial support duties will involve:
- Processing all income received through reception in compliance with defined finance procedures as well as record all applicable data on the Raiser’s Edge Database
- Inputting all data on Raiser’s Edge related to ‘deposit to account’ income
- Inputting Financial Journals onto QuickBooks in an accurate & timely manner ensuring that entries are appropriately coded to the relevant cost centre or project and given the correct nominal classification
- Assisting in the lodgement process from origination to completion
- Processing all payments including cheque, credit card transactions and bank transfers, keeping accurate records
- Ensuring all practises and procedures with regard to purchases are carried out accurately
- Backing up network data on a weekly basis
- Reporting to and cooperating fully with the Senior Accounts Officer regarding the overall financial management and controls of the organisation, providing accurate, up to date reports on a monthly basis or more regular as required
- Carrying out other finance tasks as may be necessary
- Helping with wider organisational activities as deemed necessary.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Rory Anderson at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.