Job Title: Finance Officer
MPA are recruiting for a Finance Officer for our client based in the greater Belfast area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of a comprehensive financial service to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and accounting standards.
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £10.40 PH
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours Per Week (Monday- Friday)
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- To assist Estates’ senior management in ensuring the effective management, oversight, and governance of all financial aspects of maintenance contracts and projects within the department.
- To develop and implement the appropriate systems and processes to ensure the delivery of an effective Contract Financial Control function, ensuring that minor works along with planned & reactive maintenance contracts are financially managed and monitored in a cost effective and structured fashion.
- To assist in the development and monitoring of planned and reactive maintenance programmes for all of the clients’ properties as required.
- To assist in the establishment, development, and maintenance of approved lists of Contractors for the use in seeking quotations and tenders for sub-contract work.
- To review construction plans for capital projects and prepare quantity requirements.
- To scrutinize maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure value for money
- To liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors as appropriate
- To prepare reports, analysis, contracts, budgets, financial risk assessments, and other documents as required.
Candidates must have five GCSEs Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths/Accounts and English
one year’s experience in a finance or administrative environment within the last five years.