MPA are delighted to be recruiting for our client in Belfast for a full time Permanent Finance officer. The ideal candidate we are looking for will be committed and self-motivated, who holds a professional accountancy qualification, or part qualification, to join the growing team. This key role will provide financial support to a busy organisation and maintain the necessary financial systems.
The Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with a salary of £25,000.
Responsible for maintaining financial systems and:
• Producing monthly management accounts
• Prepare annual budgets for review and liaising frequently with departmental Managers on their adherence.
• Analysis and verification of balance sheets, regularly monitoring and investigating.
• Analysis of accounts on a regular basis
• Preparation of salaries & processing pensions
• Managing accounts receivable including preparing claims for funding
• Managing accounts payable
• Liaising with external agencies where needed
• Monthly bank reconciliations & managing petty cash.
• Develop relationships with customers to enable timely submission of information and query resolution.
• Prepare reports for the Senior Management team and Board as required
• 12 months experience working in a busy accounting firm or working in a finance role.
• Experience of Sage 50 accounts
• Experience in the use of IT packages including Microsoft programmes Word & Excel
• Accountancy qualification or part qualification
As well as holding a professional accountancy qualification, or part qualification, you will be able to process information accurately and efficiency. You will have attention to detail and strong accountancy & numeracy skills. Note that a high level of proficiency in the use of IT packages including Microsoft packages Word & Excel is essential.
Experience of Sage 50 accounts is also essential and experience in Sage payroll software is desirable.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.