Finance & Accounting
£34,788 to £37,849 Per Annum
The Finance Business Partner, will report to the Finance Manager and, will contribute to the effective and smooth operation of the College through the provision of a dedicated business and finance support service to Faculties and Functional Areas. In particular the post-holder will provide expertise, advice and direct support to Senior Curriculum and other Managers in areas including budgetary control and financial management, preparation of a range of Business Cases, Projects, Bids, Appraisals and Post Project Evaluations. The post-holder will be required to ensure compliance with the Northern Ireland Guide to Expenditure Appraisal and Evaluation, all other relevant regulations and requirements as demanded by the College, sponsor Department and statutory agencies.
The main focus of the post is to play a proactive role in supporting the core teaching and learning business of the College by facilitating close and effective working to this end between Curriculum and other Managers and the Finance Department.
1. (a) Membership of one of the following professional bodies:
Chartered Accountants Ireland;
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales; The Chartered Institute of Management Accountant;
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management accounts role preparing management accounts, undertaking variance analysis and supporting budget holders to manage their budgets.
1. (b) Student membership of one of the above accountancy bodies with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management accounts role preparing Management Accounts, undertaking variance analysis and supporting budget holders to manage their budgets.
2. Experience using accounting software and excel spreadsheets to analyse and present budgetary information.
3. Experience preparing Business Cases to evaluate expenditure decisions using investment decision techniques (e.g. discounted cash flows).
4. Experience using the Northern Ireland Guide to Expenditure Appraisal and Evaluation.
5. Have a working knowledge and/or experience of current issues in the Northern Ireland Further Education sector.
Other Essential Requirement
A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
Please contact MPA Recruitment Armagh Branch on 02837537591 for further information.