Job Role: Estates Contracts Officer
We are recruiting an Estates Contracts Officer for our public service client based in Belfast.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of all minor community housing adaptations throughout the South-eastern Health Social Care Trust as requested by the Occupational Therapy Department. This will involve coordinating and liaising with Occupational Therapists, Clients, and Contractors to ensure that a smooth and timely service is provided for Clients.
The post holder will also be required to manage the installation and removal of equipment such as stair lifts, vertical through floor lifts, overhead tracking hoists or other adaptations such as handrails and graduated steps.
The post holder will also manage an Occupational Therapy Database and report to various departments on the progress of all active requests and installations. Pre-installation and post-installation surveys will also form part of this role for Quality Assurance purposes.
The post holder will provide a support and facilitative role to the Senior Estates Contracts Manager in the Procurement and Management of Estates Contracts. The role will include provision of support in all aspects of the contract management lifecycle from procurement to termination and evaluation. The post holder will regularly provide advice on interpretation and application of contractual terms and conditions, sourcing specialist legal and application of contractual terms and conditions, sourcing specialist legal and procurement advice as required. They will also assist in the preparation and publishing of Tender documents for the procurement, adjudication, award and performance management of a large portfolio of Maintenance and Service Contracts as part of the Estates Management function.
Hours of Work -37.5 hours per week. Mon - Fri (9:00am -5:00 pm)
Salary - £16.04 per hour
What the role entails:
- Point of contact for all Occupational Therapists throughout the client’s services
- Receive and process all of the Estates Requests for Occupational Therapy Adaptations forms and ensure that all are appropriately authorised.
- Liaise with Occupational Therapists, Clients, and Contractors to arrange and attend site surveys.
- Carry out surveys at Clients’ homes using various measurement tools and equipment.
- Discuss feasibility of equipment installation and agree required approach with Client.
- Produce drawings and diagrams using AutoCAD software and produce specification documents for work requested ensuring that the Building Regulations and the Regional Best Practice Guide are adhered to at all times.
- Produce official Quotation documentation for pricing purposes and for advertisement on the clients approved electronic procurement website.
University Degree or a recognised equivalent professional qualification in a Building or Engineering related subject
3 years’ relevant post qualification experience
HND or a recognised equivalent professional qualification in a relevant Building or Engineering related subject
4 years’ relevant post qualification experience
Relevant Experience is considered to be all of the following:
Specialist knowledge and experience in the design and specification of Contract Documents and the Award of Contracts.
Be familiar with all aspects of Contracting, in particular the Public Contracts Regulations.
Knowledge and experience in the operation of an eTendering System.
Be familiar with, and have a good working knowledge of, the current Building Regulations and practical experience working within a Building or Engineering related discipline.
Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation.
Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalent programs) and the ability to produce Technical Reports.