Job Role: - Equality & Good Relations Officer
The Equality & Good Relations Officer will work in support of the Equality Manager in ensuring that the Client complies with all Statutory requirements and in monitoring and reporting on the implementation of a range of equality related plans and activities.
The volume of work in the Equality Unit is increasing due to a range of equality action plans requiring development and consultation. The Equality and Good Relations Office will be required to develop draft plans and work with the Equality Manager on consultation and implementation.
Location: - Belfast
Hours of Work: - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (37.5 hours per week - flexible)
Salary: - £37,181
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
The post holder will be required to:
- Assisting in the development of new policies and strategies on a wide range of equality issues.
- Assisting in the administration of meetings to include minute taking, organising meetings, and working on the delivery of relevant actions.
- Assisting in the monitoring and controlling of resources to include the Equality and Good Relations Unit budget and all related monitoring returns to the Finance Office.
- Undertaking research and investigatory work to contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to provide timely and accurate analysis, recommendations, and briefs.
- Managing information, records and briefs relating to the work of the Equality and Good Relations Unit.
- Contributing to the analysis of complex information to support and influence decision-making.
- Working with our clients other Directorates on a range of issues such as, in the research, design and drafting of new action plans, areas of policy development, service delivery and in responding to queries.
- Assisting in providing advice to line managers and staff on a range of equality issues.
- Two years’ experience of planning and organising a busy and diverse workload and delivering high quality work to deadlines, including, monitoring resources / and projects for key stakeholders.
- Two years’ experience assisting in policy development that includes, communicating effectively and developing working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Two years’ experience in the promotion of equality of opportunity or Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
Proven ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative to complete duties and tasks.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Jamie.email@example.com
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Jamie at our Belfast office on 028 9521 1111.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and update with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.