Pharmaceutical & Scientific
up to £1,625 Per Hour
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit an Environmental Health Officer Officer for a full-time, temporary position in the Newtownabbey area.
Duties and responsibilities:
To protect and promote the health and wellbeing of those who live in, work in, and visit the Borough and to contribute to their quality of life.
Be responsible to the Principal Environmental Health Officer for the effective and efficient performance of a wide range of duties including:
- Enforcing all statutory provisions which fall within the remit of the Environmental Health Section.
- Supporting the Principal Environmental Health Officer to achieve set objectives
- Identifying information needs within the businesses and residential community relating to Environmental Health matters
- Devising, planning and participating in training and information campaigns to promote awareness of legislative requirements and health issues.
To report to the Principal Environmental Health Officer on evolving Environmental Health issues within the Borough.
To contribute to the improvement of the environment, health and wellbeing of the business and residential community by identifying and prioritising needs, devising, organising and participating in appropriate education and promotion programmes.
To inspect/audit and risk assess premises on a proactive and reactive basis across the full range of Environmental Health functions as required in accordance with relevant legislation, approved codes of practice or guidance, and performance targets within the Department.
Liaise and work collaboratively with other organisations to achieve Council’s corporate objectives.
Investigate and resolve complaints across the full range of Environmental Health functions.
Make decisions and recommendations on the appropriate legal or non-statutory action to be taken in accordance with duties and authorisation assigned to the post holder, having regard to legal requirements, Codes of Practice and Council policies.
Prepare and personally serve statutory notices, prepare prosecution cases and act as, an expert witness and provide specialist opinion in court proceedings, public enquiries or other public meetings as required.
Assist and investigate in the departmental response to major incidents and emergencies such as, pollution incidents, food poisoning, infectious diseases, food hazard warnings, dangerous occurrences, workplace accidents, product recalls and customer complaints.
To liaise with government departments, companies and organisations to work collaboratively, co-ordinate Council’s statutory responsibilities and to initiate partnerships locally and province wide to reflect corporate and governmental strategies.
Identify the educational needs of the community relevant to Environmental Health Services and devise, organise and participate in health education and promotion activities.Essential Criteria:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Health, which entitles you to Graduate or Corporate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or hold a baseline qualification - The baseline qualification is in The Higher Certificate in Food Control.
- 6 months relevant post-graduate experience.
- Skilled and persuasive communicator
- Ability to achieve targets
- Competent in the use of IT systems including Microsoft Office applications.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.