DM LM 0103
MPA Recruitment are working alongside a well established and reputable Hotel based in County Donegal.
They are currently seeking an experienced Duty Manager to oversee the efficient and effective operation of the Hotel and to liaise with Heads of Department and Hotel staff at all times ensuring maximum efficiency and smooth running of the Hotel.
- To liaise with Senior Management, Heads of Department, and staff in order to maintain Hotel and Standards within the Hotel at all times.
- To liaise with Senior Managers, Heads of Department regarding staff shortages and assist if required including room service duties.
- Breakfast services.
- Setting up of tables and chairs in function room.
- Cover breaks for Reception, Leisure and Bar when required.
- To be fully visible around the Hotel and available to assist staff and customers at all times. This includes dealing with customer complaints for non bar and food issues such as room tvs, radiators etc
- Remove all rubbish from Hotel car park and around immediate outside of Hotel daily. Attention to detail regarding light bulbs, advertising, etc.Taking deliveries.
- Keep foyer tables clean and empty used ashtrays.To ensure that the bin areas are kept clean and tidy.
- All stores sorted including bottle stores and lost property.
- Visit staff areas frequently to ensure they are in a clean and tidy condition.
- Cover for Night Porter and Day Porter for sickness or holidays
- Implementing Hotel rules regarding staff parking.
- Wedding duties to include show round when couples call on spec, care of Bride and Groom on wedding.
- Ensure no alcohol is consumed by customers unless bought in the premises.
- To be contactable at all times while on duty.
- Restock fridge with bottles when bar staff are busy.Reset tills.
- To ensure that the building is safe at all times and report any suspicious occurrences to the relevant personnel.
- To have full knowledge of the Fire and Safety procedures and to be responsible for the full evacuation of the property in the event of a Fire or Bomb threat, in accordance with Hotel emergency evacuation procedures.
- To take advantage of every opportunity to upsell the business.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and to co-operate with the Hotel grooming policy.
- Follow rigidly and observe all hygiene regulations.
People Management –
To assist, where necessary in the training of new staff. To attend to staff shortages whilst on duty, ensuring best possible cover where necessary.
Hotel Sales –
To liaise with guests during their stay offering assistance where appropriate and ensuring complete guest satisfaction in terms of levels of service.To be fully aware of all current sales and marketing promotions and to encourage the sale of promotions as appropriate.
Property Management –
To ensure the safety and security of the property at all times, ensuring procedures are in place to communicate any defective/faulty equipment, brought to your attention by other staff or guests.To ensure that the Hotel is kept clean, neat and presentable at all times.
To ensure all guest feedback is given to the appropriate person/department and actioned upon.
Business Aptitude –
Proactively encourage staff development, guest service and revenue growth.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
To actively participate in all training courses designed to improve standards and performance levels, as notified to you by management.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To fulfil your obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1989, and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.To ensure that reasonable care is taken for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.To keep your work area tidy and safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.To be aware of trained First Aid personnel on the premises, the location of the First Aid Box, and the location of the Accident Report Book.To observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health and Safety Statement for your place of work.To promote and participate in Fire and Emergency Evacuation Drills as directed by the Hotel Safety Officer.
The above job description is not intended as an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests as required by management.
It is essential that you have previous expereince in a similar role, particularly in banqueting, weddings and functions.
For further information please contact Leanne on 028 71360070 to to apply you can forward your CV to [email protected]