Director, Security Engineering
$220k + bonus + stock options
Digital health start-up
MPA Recruitment has been retained by a leading Digital Health organization to recruit a Director, Security Engineering to join their team. You will be joining an organization that has grown significantly in recent years to become a leader within the Digital Health sector by bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry. Their mission is to help people live healthier, happier lives every day.
As Director, Security Engineering you are responsible for leading teams that oversee security and privacy by design, customer identity and access management, cloud & infrastructure security and security operations. You will work with product, platform and data leaders in the organization to deliver a security engineering roadmap which enables teams to continuously deliver new functionality with security and privacy by design. You will partner with staff and principal security engineers to ship critical security infrastructure such as encryption as a service, terraform modules and scanning tools which will be used by all engineering teams.
In this role, you will:
· Lead and manage a talented team of security engineers, motivating, coaching, setting goals for the team and modeling how we work together
· Anticipate and address issues within the team around communication, underperformance, interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership
· Identify headcount needs for the team, and drive strategy, planning and recruiting to fill these needs
· Perform regular 1:1s with direct reports and skip-level 1:1s to understand the needs of the members of your organization
· Partner with the VP of Security, Security Engineering Managers and Senior Security Engineers in planning and development of the team’s roadmaps
· Consult with senior leaders regarding their information security risks and drive mitigation efforts to reduce risk
· Drive operational efficiencies through process improvement and implementation of technical solutions
· Champion technical efforts to obtain and maintain compliance with customer, regulatory, and security compliance framework requirements
· Secure the product and the company with innovative and industry leading technical security controls and practices
· 5+ years of experience implementing security processes and controls in a modern technology environment which includes web applications, mobile applications and public cloud environments where deploys happen 10+ times per day
· 3+ years of experience managing security engineering teams; ideally agile development teams
· Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
· Understand and practices agile software development and management
· Have experience with industry standard security and risk frameworks such as SOC2, HITRUST, FEDRAMP and HIPAA
To find out more or to apply for this position please send an up to date resume to email@example.com or click Apply.