IT & Digital, Management
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Director of Systems Development (International) to join their team. You will lead the development of a new Software Engineering Capability, developed by our client, across all the regions in which they operate. This role will be based 50% from head office in the North West of Ireland, with the rest of your time travelling to locations such as, Asia, South America, and Newark.
For this role, you will need to understand International Application Portfolio in country and how Applications are Developed and tested today. You will be responsible for defining a Universal Quality Engineering strategy can be built using Modern-day Software Engineering practices that optimize the Test process across the Software Development Lifecycle. You will manage and be accountable for developing and implementing efficient and effective Testing Approaches for new and existing systems. Including understanding of Quality Engineering processes such as Functional and Non-Functional (Performance, Security etc) Testing. Other responsibilities include:
Partner with other IT Service Providers to ensure Quality is injected into the overall SDLC Process. This will include developers, consultants, security, Infrastructure and the DevOps capability.
Provide Governance and Standards for the accurate delivery of all Quality Engineering related artefacts and deliverables (customer requirements & SDLC related items; i.e. Test Plans, Status Updates, Defect Management Plans, etc.).
Build a Sustainable cost model around Software Engineering in country to ensure execution of the recommended strategy, including the appropriate staffing model.
Create strategies around EOL and EOS for software applications as it pertains to Quality Engineering. Critically identify the risks associated with the need for additional testing with those platforms that have limited or extended support.
Train in country technology leadership & vendors to be able to execute on and curate the Quality Engineering strategy when on boarding new applications and platforms.
In this role, Platform support knowledge and experience is a critical requirement for this role along with a working knowledge or life & group admin systems is essential. You must also have knowledge of a broad range of IT competencies – SDLC, IT Support, ITSM, Security, DevOps and cloud to ensure that business requirements are managed to the appropriate technical solution and service delivery. It is required that you also have Basic knowledge of virtualization software, web technology, and IaaS cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP). You must also be and strong leader, be willing to develop, insist and stand by your strategy.
- Degree in computer science. With at least five year’s minimum experience in a QA leadership role with a good mix of technology skills. Ability to work on own initiative within part of multi-skilled IT Group.
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software engineering solutions coupled with a history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and next generation products
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Intellectual curiosity with a great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personal motivation and a desire to achieve for yourself, your team and your company
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.