PIC LM 1904
Our client based in Letterkenny have retained our services to source a Director of Nursing / Person In Charge, to oversee operations/care in the Nursing Home.
The Director of Nursing / Person In Charge must be a Registered Nurse who has no less than 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons within the previous 6 years. Must have a minimum of 3 years in a Management Capacity in the health and social care area. Must have a post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
Director of Nursing / Person In Charge Responsibilities
- Support the principle that the care of the resident comes first and maintain this ethos in the home.
- Ensure that resident safety and a high standard care standard.
- Contribute to policy, planning and decision making processes for the home and ensure that all information is effectively communicated to Nursing Home Management/Relevant Staff.
- Provide professional advice with regard to all issues on the operation of the nursing homes and the care standard practiced.
- Ensure professional standards and statutory requirements (HIQA, An Bord Altranais) are adhered to.
- Assist in the development of effective strategies and systems to maintain effective communication and working relationships with Group Management, Nursing Home Management and Nursing Home Teams.
- Assist Centre Management (ADON/CNM when appointed) to establish professional relationships and networks to aid in the safe and effective operation of the nursing homes.
- Effectively market the nursing home service to key entities (hospital bed manager, GP’s, etc.).
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com