MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 7 Digital Learning Leader for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
The Digital Learning Leader will be responsible to the Senior People and Organisational Development Manager, Human Resources for leading on the development, creation and delivery of engaging digital learning materials and solutions (live and asynchronous).
Key responsibilities will include the creation of innovative and flexible learning solutions and training resources that excite and motivate the target audience. The post holder will lead on the design, development and delivery of digital learning content, working with other key stakeholders and upskilling colleagues in the HROD team.. With proven experience in digital learning design and facilitation, he/she will be passionate about creating a positive user experience and will need to have a keen eye for transforming pre-existing face-to-face/traditional training into engaging and motivating pieces of digital learning. The postholder will also lead on the delivery of facilitated learning interventions and will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with a range of staff across various professions and bands to achieve successful outcomes.
While the post holder will have allocated responsibilities, he/she will be expected to work in collaboration with colleagues within the team and provide team leadership to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. He/she will also work closely with other members of the Corporate Human Resources Team, contributing to the development of a range of initiatives and achievement of objectives.
Our client is committed to providing the best possible development opportunities and programmers for its staff and this role will be key to ensuring this aim. The post holder will have a significant amount of personal responsibility and accountability, and will need to be someone that can self-motivate, problem solve and manage their own workload and priorities.Main Duties
For each of the following, the post holder will:
- Design, develop and deliver digital learning solutions including but not limited to accredited training programmes, eLearning, training videos, podcasts, multimedia learning components and mobile ready resources
- Design, develop and launch online learning programmes
- Specialize in developing and delivering live (Instructor Led Training, Virtual Training) and asynchronous (eLearning, Emerging Channels) training courses/experiences
- Ensure all learning solutions fulfil objectives in a clear, well written and creative manner
- Utilise storyboards and prototypes to support learning concepts
- Working alongside POD trainers, facilitators and managers to digitise and convert face-to-face/traditional learning materials and programmes into suitable online formats (Instructor-Led, Virtual, eLearning, emerging channels)
- Develop and edit digital training materials including training slides, Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, exercises, case studies, and supplemental training materials to extend learning retention and ‘in the moment’ resource documents to increase learning and retention
- Ensure that learning components in all modalities are grounded in principles of adult learning
- Synthesize and utilize evaluation and review feedback to ensure appropriate delivery methods and activity types are utilized to improve learning outcomes, meet learner needs, and align with overall blended strategy
- Collaborate with subject matter experts & curriculum designers to define & develop certification tests/assessments
- Define and manage project schedules and manage multiple assigned courses simultaneously to ensure appropriate stakeholder input, quality and on-time completion
- Ensure training content is loaded to appropriate repositories / platforms for record retention and distribution and maintain version control
- Ensure existing content remains relevant by continuously improving, revising, and updating current training materials based on latest product information
- Stay current on learning tools, trends and ideas
- Share experience and provide team leadership to support the upskilling and development of other staff within the POD team
- Hold yourself and the rest of the team to exceptionally high standards, taking responsibility both for pace and best in breed quality outputs.
- Use relationship management skills to work closely with stakeholders
- Develop your experience of using new and imaginative tools to encourage learning, whilst also developing your knowledge of working within a complex health and social care organisation
- Support the Senior People & Organisational Development Manager to develop and implement an effect digital learning strategy/virtual learning environment/ecosystem.
- Lead on the development of digital learning content.
- Provide insights and implement actions that will drive utilisation of our learning platforms through various communication, engagement, and support activities.
- Support the development and implementation of modernised pre boarding and onboarding processes for new staff.
- Support the development of identified People and Organisation Development Strategies including the development, maintenance, and delivery of associated learning solutions.
- Support the development and implementation of initiatives to progress the management and leadership strategy.
- Lead on projects that support the development of a positive culture and working environment for all staff, particularly in relation to the Employer’s Employee Engagement Framework.
- Support the Investors in People (IIP) initiative, providing advice and support to Directorate Teams to support continuous improvement and successful reaccreditation.
- Support the delivery of internal consultancy arrangements and provide facilitation of events, working effectively to meet the identified needs of service users.
- Support the development and delivery of management development programmes which may be delivered in house or commissioned through external sources
- Support the Senior Manager to progress and deliver team development initiatives.
- Identify and apply data analytical tools and approaches to support the improvement of the service being delivered by the People and Organisational Development team
- Co-ordinate and participate on a range of People and Organisational Development strategic groups, committees or forums.
- Work with a range of stakeholders internal and external to the company including Trade Union colleagues, regarding Learning/Organisational Development.
- Devise and develop policies and operational processes, consulting with key stakeholders as necessary.
- Responsible for the quality management of allocated learning and development work streams, ensuring that key performance indicators are established, monitored and achieved.
- Participate in benchmarking opportunities, broad quality initiatives and ensure that information governance arrangements are fully implemented.
- Support the achievement of the Human Resources Controls Assurance Standards ensuring agreed standards and action plans are implemented.
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead, manage and empower your team
- Support the delivery of the HR Business Partnering model through effective liaison with service areas and their individual Managers participating on assigned work streams or projects as identi