IT & Digital
€35,000 to €50,000 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an AWS DevOps SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to join our client’s team. This is an exciting position, that will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of and help build additional capabilities in our client’s journey to AWS.
This role is suited to someone who is self-motivated, has passion for technology, and a desire to provide outstanding customer service.
The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services that are leveraged as part of the enterprise adoption of public cloud (AWS). You must have a strong background showing the ability to use technology to automate solutions and optimise outcomes. Technical skills for this role include automation, a high proficiency in scripting languages, and an ability to create and implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Execution on all release engineering aspects of DevOps including Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Management, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Create and deliver Infrastructure as Code (IaC) through a CICD pipeline utilizing tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, AWS Code Star or comparable toolsets.
- Consume/have literacy using source code / Binary repositories such as Bitbucket, Artifactory, or comparable toolsets.
- Leverage configuration management/image management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, etc. to administer an AWS AMI lifecycle.Leverage enterprise toolsets such as Splunk / Dynatrace to search, analyse, visualise, and report on machine generated data to help achieve operational excellence.
- Successfully collaborate across various technology disciplines.Help evangelise IT best practices and trends including TechOps, Cloud, Automation, DevOps, etc.
- AWS/Linux admin experience a plus.ServiceNow Integration experience a plus.
- Minimum 1-year related hands on AWS experience.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in managing production levels systems.
- Ability to work with ambiguous and abstract concepts, as the candidate will often have to resolve complex customer inquiries.
- Innovation skills and vision.
- Possesses and can further cultivate diversity of thought.
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change.
- An ability to influence through teamwork and collaboration.
- A passion to provide world class customer service.
- Ability to provide on call support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence