Working alongside a successful Creche project based in Newtownabbey, we are recruiting for a part time Developmental Programme Practitioner- Programme for 2-3 Year Olds. This post is for 20 hours per week based on £10.02 per hour.
The appointed person will work with the Developmental Programme Manager to implement a service that meets the needs of families, in the Newtownabbey Area.
The Developmental Programme Practitioner will be based in our developmental programme for 2 year olds. The programme has a focus on constructive play in group settings to enhance children’s social development, build on their communication and language skills and encourage their imagination through play.
- To contribute to creating a safe and stimulating environment that provides a wide range of age appropriate activities to enable children to reach their full potential.
- To encourage parents to engage positively during play sessions
- To prepare activities and ensure play area is clean and set up prior to session and tidied and cleaned at end.
- To keep up to date with legislation and good practice in relation to Child Protection and to adhere to Abbey Sure Starts Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Respect confidentiality at all times and uphold the ethos and core values of Abbey Sure Start.
- To show in all areas of work, a commitment to implementing Abbey Sure Starts Equal Opportunity Policy.
- To participate in training opportunities and meetings as directed by line manager.
- To participate positively to the supervision and appraisal process.
- To respond flexibly to the needs of the service and carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Line Manager.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To participate in team planning meetings.
- To ensure that the developmental needs of children are met.
- To fulfil the role of keyworker including recording observations.
Qualifications and experience
- QCF 3 in Childcare or equivalent relevant qualification
- 12 months’ experience in an Early Years setting, preferably with children aged 0-4 within the last 5 years.
- Knowledge and understanding of how children learn and develop
- To be aware and responsive to the importance of play within children’s lives
- To have an awareness and understanding of issues that parents may experience
- To have an understanding and commitment to the implementation of an equal opportunities policy
- To be aware of the need for confidentiality in all aspects of the post
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team in an Early Years setting
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Awareness of health and safety requirements
- To be aware of and understand Child Protection guidelines
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to the link provided or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.