MPA are urgently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to work in a small learning disability supported living environment in the Holywood area. This is a full time permanent position. 35 -37 hours per week plus sleep -ins
Commencing on £25,991 per annum pro rata + sleep in payments
The unit provides care and support in a homely environment for adults who have Learning Disabilities and associated complex needs.
The Deputy Manager will support the Registered Manager to undertake risk assessments and develop and implement personalised care plans to meet the needs of residents who have learning disabilities and associated complex needs.
General Duties will Include-
Deputise for the Registered Manager as required.
Work with the Registered Manager to establish the service and ensure it meets the specification and standards required by all stakeholders.
Work to and exhibit the Unit’s vision, mission and values.
Ensure that all actions are in the interests of both the people receiving services and The Company
Adhere to the Codes of Practice associated with professional bodies (e.g. NISCC, NMC etc.) and Company staff handbook.
At all times work within current legislation.
Enter actively into supervision and appraisal.
Attend training on a regular basis to ensure that all mandatory and personal training and development needs are met in line with company requirements.
Work closely with other members of the team for the ultimate benefit of the people receiving services
Support the Registered Manager to ensure that the operational management of the service is continuous and reflects the needs of residents.
Lead the shift, organise the workload, assist and supervise the staff team to ensure that all care and support is delivered to a high standard and following individual care plans
Work in conjunction with the Registered Manager and be involved with induction of new staff, keeping all records required
Provide ‘sleep-in’ cover to support waking night staff as arranged by the Registered Manager, working within guidance provided.
Motivate, support and mentor the staff and ensure that all staff act in a professional manner.
Ensure work is recorded accurately and appropriately in compliance with Company requirements and that information maintained within records complies with the Data Protection Act and the standards of information governance.
Ensure that all incident / accident forms are completed, and information is passed to the Registered Manager/Head of Service within the agreed timescale.
Ensure that all staff are familiar with and follow Adult Safeguarding procedures
Ensure all processes are subject to regular audit and implement required corrective action to ensure quality objectives are met
Work with the Registered Manager to complete monthly audits of incidents, monitoring and identifying trends.
Ensure compliance with the Company’s ISO quality management system.
Ensure systematic monitoring of all health and safety issues, to include risk assessment and reporting on complaints and adverse incidents.
· Starting on 7 weeks x contract hours annual leave inclusive(inclusive of public holidays) in each leave year
· Annual incremental pay increases on a salary scale
· Company offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
· Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
· Cycle to work scheme
· Access 24/7 Doctors Line
· Cashback health scheme
· Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
· A professional social work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition.
· OR A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
· OR An allied health professional registered with the Health Professions Council.
· A minimum of three years’ work experience in any health or social care setting with people who have significant needs. At least one years of this experience must be in a relevant management capacity in a health and social care setting
· OR Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and be eligible for registration on appointment
· A minimum of four years’ practice experience in any health and social care setting as above
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to the link provided or call to speak to Karen McCready our office on 02895211111 for more information about this post