IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Data Visualisation Engineer to join their team. Our client is embarking on a journey to build a Data Visualisation Centre of Excellence and have identified Tableau and Power BI as their chosen toolset. The primary goal of your role is to utilise a mix of analytical and creative skills to discover and present insight from complex data sets, in an easy to understand format, using interactive visualisation tools and methods.
You will work closely with our clients customer, where you will design, deliver and maintain visualisations to surface the business insights via data storytelling, in an iterative/agile manner.
- Working closely with Business Partners to gain a sound understanding of the project’s goals and requirements.
- Collaborating with the business to discover and visualize insights which can drive actions
- Design, build, enhance and maintain dashboards in an enterprise environment
- Create/design prototypes for visualization
- Identify, cleanse and transform data from a variety of sources (structured and unstructured data)
- Contribute to and enforce governance, standards and best practices to manage the processes, technology and data for visualization/analytical applications
- Ability to work independently, show creativity and a commitment to obtain the results required.
- Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Supporting team and end-users as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) through troubleshooting, recommending solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI
- The role may require travel to the US.
- Main hours will be Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm (these hours may be flexible depending on the business partner requirements)
The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level (BA/BS in Data Analytics, info systems, info management, computer science) and have experience and expert knowledge of:
- Highly proficient in Tableau and/or Power BI (other industry leading Data Visualization technologies would be considered)
- 2+ years relevant experience in Business/Data Analysis
- Flair and passion for Data Visualization and storytelling
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Experience in working with many sources of data (file based, SQL, NoSQL etc.)ETL / data quality, data profiling and cleansing using a variety of tools and methods
- Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff across numerous areas.
- Comfortable learning new technologies rapidly
- Must be able to clearly document functional requirements and technical solutions.
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.