IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Cyber Security Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will need experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP). This role would be suitable for individuals with previous experience in networking, infrastructure or enterprise application support with a desire to expand into the field of Cyber Security.
The successful candidate will work with Data Loss Prevention team responsible for the management and support of DLP environment, this involves developing and maintaining network and endpoint security policies to identify the unauthorized use of high-risk data. Other duties include troubleshooting problems, providing guidance and investigating security alerts, performing configuration changes, and ongoing management of the environment.
The candidate must possess a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills and the ability to support and liaise with business data owners to incorporate data protection products and provisions into their processes, communicating security, data protection, data loss prevention related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff effectively at multiple organisational levels.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, test and maintain security policies which are leveraged to identify and protect sensitive information traversing the enterprise network.
- Responding to queries from business partners regarding DLP processes general information security concepts.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Using project management applications such as Jira to ensure projects meet the SLA outlined.
- Tuning of infrastructure & application.
- Configuration, implementation, migration, upgrades and patching of infrastructure and applications
Technical Knowledge & Skills
Training will be provided on the security technologies supported by this team but previous experience with some, or all, of the below technologies will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention technologies.
- Experience working with Windows / Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working in Network Engineering/ Level 2 technical support.
- Experience with networking concepts and an understanding of commonly used ports & protocols.
- Experience with scripting languages including Perl, Python or PowerShell.
Education / Qualifications
- Third Level Qualification (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline
- Relevant Industry certifications
- Experience in an enterprise IT support / Infrastructure /Network engineering role
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.