CREDIT CONTROL MANAGER
£25,000 - £30,000
We are working on behalf of a successful family run fuel business to recruit an experienced Credit Control Manager to lead a small team of Credit Controllers. Reporting to the Senior Accountant and Directors, you will be responsible for managing the credit control team and taking responsibility for all credit control activities within the company.
- Managing a team of credit controllers.
- Overseeing responsibility for the credit control team and their portfolio of debtor accounts, ensuring adherence to company processes, credit and payment terms, credit checks.
- Responsible for the production and analysis of the debt analysis report (reporting risks, variances and further action plans)
- Responsible for cashflow forecasting on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining a suite of reporting and recording of credit applications, payments and bad debt and provide relevant reports and analysis of the data.
- Ensure the processing of bad debt collection, e.g., small claims, insurance, letters etc.
- Work with the Sales Director to ensure problematic accounts are managed accordingly.
- Manage resolution of billing disputes, complaints and discrepancies, responding to escalated complaints within specified timeframes.
- Supporting daily activities of the credit control function as required.
- Develop strategic partnerships across the management team, working with internal departments to promote a culture of communication, continuous improvement and teamwork
- Responsibility for reviewing and maintaining the company’s credit policy.
- Liaising with Hr Dept to ensure that staffing needs are met and policies and procedures are adhered too.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Good knowledge of the credit control function within a business.
- Previous managerial experience in a high-volume billing environment
- An understanding and appreciation for the importance of prioritising workload and leading a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite (most importantly Excel and Word).
This is a full time, permanent position with a competitive salary negotiable depending on experience.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
If you have relevant experience and feel this role suits what you are looking from your next career move, please send your CV by clicking on APPLY NOW. I will call you back to discuss in more detail.