Working alongside a successful Creche project based in Newtownabbey, we are recruiting for a Crèche Manager for a 12-month maternity post. This post is based on 32.5 hours per week
To develop and provide a range of responsive, innovative child-centred initiatives that will promote the learning and development of all children accessing core crèche facilities and to ensure that learning opportunities are appropriate to the needs, interests and developmental stage of the children we support and to ensure that such opportunities are maximised.
- To line manage a small team of senior crèche workers providing core crèche services across a range of sites
- To have overall operational management responsibility for the development and delivery of core crèche services throughout the project
- To develop and instil an ethos of shared learning with parents across all crèche sites
- To be responsible for managing rotas across core crèche.
Crèche Management Responsibilities
- To provide line management, direction, support and guidance to a small team of Senior Crèche Workers, including the provision of formal supervision and appraisal.
- To be responsible for supporting Senior Crèche Workers to manage all staff functions within their service, including the induction and mentoring of new staff and the completion of probationary documentation
- To work in partnership with the Senior Crèche Workers to assess the training and developmental needs of programme staff and identify appropriate training and development opportunities
- To take a lead role in monitoring and evaluating Core Crèche Programmes in line with identified objectives and outcomes and making reports to the Project Manager outlining key issues and findings.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in good practice, related to child development, and associated learning resources/opportunities, so that appropriate and effective practices can be maintained and enhanced through supporting, advising, coaching and mentoring staff who work directly with the children.
- To be responsible for the organisation and facilitation of regular team meetings for Core Crèche staff.
- In conjunction with senior staff to support the organisation and facilitation of wider staff team meetings
- To monitor all Core Crèche Programmes to ensure that the settings are safe and fully compliant with regulatory and organisational guidelines, policies and procedures
- To monitor all Core Crèche Programmes to ensure that they respond to recommendations and directives from funders, advisors and regulatory bodies.
- To be responsible for the management of the annual leave and absence recording systems for Core Crèche staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Level 3 Early Years and Childcare qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years supervisory experience working with children in the 0-4 age range and their families
- Experience of leading a staff team, including the provision of formal supervision and appraisal
- To have experience of compiling reports
- Must be able to organise and complete tasks and projects using software programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of how children learn and develop,
- To have an understanding and commitment to the implementation of an equal opportunities policy.
- To be aware of the need for confidentiality in all aspects of the post.
- To be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Awareness of relevant health and safety requirements.
- To be aware of and have an understanding of the ethos of the project
- To be aware of and understand Child Protection guidelines
- Designated Officer Training
- First Aid and basic food hygiene certificates
- Working towards level 5 Early Years and Childcare qualification or equivalent
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to the link provided or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.