Job Role: Weekend Part-time Cook
We are pleased to be recruiting to be recruiting a weekend cook for our client based in Belfast City Centre.
You will be responsible for assisting the Welcome Organisation deliver on its harm reduction programme by providing nutritional food - targeting the needs of people who are homeless, sleeping rough or at risk of being homeless.
Working hours and rate of Pay:
Saturday and Sunday 9am-2pm (10 hours)
Benefits: 20 days per annum plus public holidays (pro-rata)
What the role entails:
- Prepare and cook food in a Drop-in for Homeless people.
Following are examples of the tasks required:
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Prepare and serve beverages such as coffee and tea.
- Plan menus ensuring it meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare food in line with food health and safety regulations.
- Clean, stock, and restock food store, fridges and freezers and ensure food is stored in line with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all kitchen health and safety records are updated
- Maintain accurate records of services delivered in order to enable external evaluation of the service.
- Keep professional boundaries and ensure confidentiality in relation to clients.
- Actively promote equality of opportunity within service provision.
- Understand and work within our ethos of Low Threshold, High Tolerance services.
- NVQ Level 2 or City & Guilds in Catering and Hospitality, or an equivalent catering kitchen related qualification
- 1 years’ experience at a cook grade or higher, that includes food preparation and cooking
- Maintenance of a Safe, Hygienic and Secure Working Environment
- Planning and delivering healthy menus within budget restraints and utilisation of donated food
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good writing and presenting of basic reports
- Ability to supervise kitchen volunteers
- Non-Judgemental and able to empathise
- Calm and resilient
- Flexible and supportive
- Satisfactory Enhanced Access Northern Ireland check
- The post holder will be required to wear kitchen uniform
Closing date is 29th Nov 2021 at 12pm
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.