Finance & Accounting
up to £1,428 Per Hour
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Contracts Manager for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide expertise, advice and support in relation to effective contract negotiations and the management of high value contracts and utilities’ procurement to the Service Support Directorate.
- Negotiate and manage a range of high value contracts (£1m+) to include but not limited to;
- Electricity and Gas utilities
- Fuel management – Bulk, Forecourt & AdBlue
- BOC resupply of gases
- Rates & Rent
- NI Water
- Heating oil
- Mobile Phones.
- Co-ordinate centralised mechanisms for the collection, maintenance and dissemination of consumption data for relevant contracts.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters.
- Communicate contract-related information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Monitor and advise on the introduction of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the organisation.
- Analyse all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and policies and procedures
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
- Possess a degree level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. business management, business studies, finance
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering effective contract management within a large and multifunctional environment in two of the following areas:
- Contract negotiations & specifications
- Supplier relationship management
- Contract management procedure design & implementation
- Using IT solutions to deliver effective contract management
- Can demonstrate:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Delivery of high quality work with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to advise and influence management.
- Working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines
- A strong customer orientation
Possess a full and current UK driving licence, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- Possess a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Have at least 2 years demonstrable experience delivering effective contract management within a public sector organisation
- Have experience of managing high value contracts, with values of £1m+.
37.5 hours per week
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.