Construction & Engineering
Contracts Manager | Doha, Qatar
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading organization in Qatar to recruit a Contracts Manager specialising in the construction of major road and infrastructure projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor, measure and audit the performance of the Consultant/Contractors in managing the cost, financial, and procurement activities of the Expressway projects.
- Assist with the development of the contracts and procurement strategy, policies, procedures and best practices
- Ensures the correct execution of procedures for award and administration of projects
- To administer the contractual aspects of the projects.
- Verify and audit claims, payments, variations, contractual issues for projects.
- Obtain approvals as needed for projects and procurement.
- To continually seek and capture lessons learned from the cost, financial, and procurement processes and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools and systems in order to improve the approach to delivering the program.
- To be an internal facilitator to assist with other relevant departments within Ashghal.
- To identify, develop, and improve procedures and systems for the section, department, and Ashghal.
- To provide advice and reports to the higher management within Ashghal pertaining to the contractual aspects of projects.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree from a recognised university in relevant field such as: Engineering; Project Management; Quantity Surveying.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken.
- Driver's License
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Chartered status from a recognised institution, such as MRICS
- Arabic language skills.
Experience & Knowledge
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in managing the contractual aspects of major highway projects.
- Have good knowledge and experience of Design-Bid-Build (DBB) and Design & Build (D&B) contract forms related to major road projects.
- Sound knowledge of the contract administration aspects of major civil & Infrastructure projects Including roads, bridges and utilities with experience in procurement and contract administration
- Experienced user of MS Office and project management software
- Experience in International contracting mechanisms e.g. FIDIC and Governmental forms
- Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major infrastructure projects.
- Desirable to have experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region.
You will receive a very attractive tax-free salary and family status package.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Conall Anderson at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.