IT & Digital, Management
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Consulting Director of IT Architecture to provide architectural expertise to help our business partners fully leverage the vast set of platforms and technologies available and provide insightful, strategic guidance.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to strengthen their skills by working with a wide set of technologies across a diverse set of businesses.
Summary of Duties
Your mission will be to empower our businesses with the technical and platform knowledge they need to achieve business value. This is an exciting opportunity for you to combine your business and technical expertise:
- Evangelise technologies and provide in-project consultation to “show the way” using new methods and technologies such as cloud and mobile.
- Align with the enterprise application portfolio management function to provide transparency into application health, agility and risk profile
- Run the enterprise emerging technology capability (e.g. mobile, cloud) modelling process across business units to facilitate leveraging of common capabilities, platforms and technologies
- Work with business partners to design and develop solutions to help them turn data into action
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
- Lead the visualisation, documentation, and presentation of concepts – be the bridge turning strategy into action
- Flex your collaboration skills and technical skills to effectively lead and influence technology change across business units
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, Engineering, Digital, Data and other internal functions advocating on behalf of our business partners
- Build trusted relationships as you learn Prudential’s systems, talent, business needs and goals
- Help lead the evolution of the EA program, including the appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture viewpoints
- Developing and maintaining CCM (Customer Communication Management) design patterns, overseeing standardisation of document templates, and other components and overseeing performance and security testing of CCM application modules and interfaces.
- Identify emerging trends, thought leadership in software development & introduce these to the project as well as the enterprise.
Knowledge, Skills & Education requirements
- 3+ years developing and implementing application strategies and patterns involving two or more of the following
- Exposure to CCM Software products such as GMS Inspire, Open Text Exstream, Thunderhead, PageFlex.
- Experience in document composition and delivery (batch and real time) using products like Open Text Exstream, Thunderhead – along with good understanding of the underlying Infrastructure (Application Servers, NAS, Security, Networking, etc.)
- Experience in building CCM Frameworks for multi-channel delivery of documents (Hard Copy, email integration, document vaults, SMS)
- Be able to guide technology teams across the Enterprise towards a strategic vision, working with them closely, discussing the pros and cons of various approaches to progress towards a self-sufficient, nimble, scalable, application platform.
- Must have excellent communication skills written as well as verbal; must be able to articulate the value proposition of solution/services to senior teams from client/prospect
- Must be able to translate business requirements into technical requirements and solutions by planning, developing and refining to-be architecture
- Must have ability to estimate development effort.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills and have experience interacting with internal technical and business partners as well as external partners
- Must love partnering with clients to create solutions that have meaningful impact to the end users and their organizations
- Must have been a project owner leading multiple team members to successfully complete a large initiative that has made significant business impact – AWS cloud and mobility preferred
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture concepts that has turned into delivery for the business
- Must have an insane desire and capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- Must have a technical degree from (e.g. computer science, engineering, math, etc) or equivalent experience
- You have 6 - 8 years of experience serving mostly as a Solution or Enterprise Architect and professional services / consulting (huge plus)
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity and abstract concepts
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.