Legal & Compliance
£20,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
SALARY GUIDE: £20,000 - £30,000
Our client is a commercial debt recovery company who work on behalf of their clients to recover overdue accounts from customers who have fallen into arrears.
We are sourcing an experienced Compliance officer to join their team, reporting to the Directors. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for supporting the company in all Compliance, Quality Assurance and Conduct activities for all work streams, focusing primarily on operational Compliance matters. This will involve devising processes for their Compliance and conduct risk management framework and ensuring operational practices meet the requirements of the regulator and the core company values.
The successful candidate will have experience within ISO9001, 27001 and 45001 and in a Compliance role within the consumer credit industry, preferably within a consumer debt recovery and banking finance. You will also have experience in dealing with operational compliance matters throughout the full customer journey.
- Assist with the development and review of operational policies, processes behaviour to ensure they remain within regulatory requirements;
- Assist with ISO9001, 27001, 45001 and clients audits;
- Identify potential areas of conduct risk, understand relevant rules and guidance, be able to translate rules and guidance into compliant business practices;
- Develop robust programs to document, monitor, and report on compliance issues and outcomes;
- Act as the voice of the customer from a TCF perspective ensuring all employees are aware of their responsibilities and achieving positive outcomes for our customers, highlighting any area that needs development or improvement and challenging and influencing all levels of management where appropriate;
- Perform detailed gap analysis of both new and existing regulatory requirements/guidance;
- Support the marketing strategy through provision of guidance and sign-off;
- Act as a point of sign off for operational compliance matters as part of our change management process.
- Experience in a Compliance role in an FCA regulated Consumer Finance Company.
- A proven ability to interpret regulatory requirements and communicate them to operational teams in an understandable and digestible manner.
- Extremely self-motivated and able to operate independently and influence key stakeholders in a cross-functional and matrix style team environment.
- Experience of driving and implementing business change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable experience (not essential):
- Experience working within the compliance function of a consumer organisation.
- Experience in the review and audit of operational business processes.
- AML experience
- Financial Services
- Consumer Lending
Our client welcome applications from candidates from varying levels of experience and a competitive salary of between £20,000 - £30,000 will be offered depending on your experience level.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV by clicking on APPLY NOW and once I have reviewed your CV I will give you a call to discuss the role in greater detail.