Finance & Accounting, Legal & Compliance
Salary negotiable depending on experience
MPA are working in partnership with our client to appoint a Compliance Officer to join their expanding team. Our client are a leading debt recovery agency working on behalf of major blue-chip lenders, high street banks and utility companies to recover overdue accounts from customers who have fallen into arrears. Reporting to the company Director, the Compliance Officer will be responsible for supporting the company in all compliance, quality assurance and conduct activities for all work streams. This will involve devising processes for our compliance and conduct risk management framework and ensuring our operational practices meet the requirements of the regulator and our core company values. The successful candidate will have experience within ISO9001, 27001 and 45001 and in a Compliance role within the consumer credit industry, preferably within a consumer debt recovery and banking finance and have experience in dealing with operational compliance matters throughout the full customer journey.
- Assist with the development and review of operational policies, processes behaviour to ensure they remain within regulatory requirements
- Assist with ISO9001, 27001, 45001 and clients audits
- Identify potential areas of conduct risk, understand relevant rules and guidance, be able to translate rules and guidance into compliant business practices
- Develop robust programs to document, monitor, and report on compliance issues and outcomes
- Act as the voice of the customer from a TCF perspective ensuring all employees are aware of their responsibilities and achieving positive outcomes for our customers, highlighting any area that needs development or improvement and challenging and influencing all levels of management where appropriate
- Perform detailed gap analysis of both new and existing regulatory requirements/guidance
- Support the marketing strategy through provision of guidance and sign-off
- Act as a point of sign off for operational compliance matters as part of our change management process
- Experience in a Compliance role in an FCA regulated Consumer Finance Company
- A proven ability to interpret regulatory requirements and communicate them to operational teams in an understandable and digestible manner.
- Extremely self-motivated and able to operate independently and influence key stakeholders in a cross-functional and matrix style team environment.
- Experience of driving and implementing business change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within the compliance function of a consumer organisation
- Experience in the review and audit of operational business processes
- AML experience
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Danielle McAleese at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7035 7035 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.