Customer Services, Management, Sales
£32,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Competitive Salary, Generous annual leave.
- focus on the long term interests of the business, identify and subsequently lead on opportunities to expand the business, primarily through public procurement operations, as well as through the formation of commercial partnerships, in existing as well as new markets
- Corporate lead on all assigned business commercial activities, fulfilling the duties of key point of contact with all parties in a bid operation or contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract's financial aspects
- Analyse sales, marketing, finance and other reports to gain insights into how to improve performance and maximize growth
- Develop accurate and consistent technical and commercial bids with the help of relevant departments
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships with existing clients
- Manage daily operations, including employee training and development, contract negotiations and production planning
- Assess risks involved with new initiatives, ensure deadlines are met and be ready to handle unexpected situations
Experience and Skills
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in business development, customer management, sales or related field
- Proven selling, influencing and negotiation skills, to understand the needs of an existing or potential client or key partner and ability to demonstrate the value of our proposition to them.
- The ability to adapt these skills to be case appropriate within our existing and target market sectors across Europe, Middle East and SE Asia
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Superb negotiation capabilities
- MBA preferred but not necessary with relevant experience
- Must be team oriented and results focused
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple simultaneous business development operations across a diverse client sector
- Ability to prioritise effectively with strong time management skills to ensure effective allocation of company resources to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Exemplary professionalism and integrity, consistently meeting or exceeding challenging but achievable targets
- Experience of public sector procurement procedures and tendering
- Excellent numerical skills
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at a range of levels and across multiple functions with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective presentation skills.
- Successful track record of managing commercial activities to agreed timescales and budgets, ensuring involvement of all key stakeholders.
- Competence in IT and general office skills.