Job: Clerical Officer - Finance Office
Location: Greater Belfast
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours Per Week (Monday- Friday) Flexible working between 8am - 6pm
On behalf of our public sector Client based in the Greater Belfast area, MPA recruitment welcome suitable applications for the role of a Clerical Officer - Finance Office
The Clients HR Office will contact all suppliers appointed to the specific lot to which the assignment aligns to. They will be provided with:
- a copy of the job specification for the role to be filled by the temporary worker.
- details of the assignment - e.g., estimated start and end dates, job title, grade, salary etc.
- details of the essential qualifications and experience required for the role, plus any desirable criteria.
- the limit of proposed candidates permitted per supplier (please note that this will only be revised in exceptional circumstances and will be at the sole discretion of the clients Commission);
- a timeline detailing the associated deadlines/dates e.g., proposing candidates, reviewing, and shortlisting the candidates, if required informal meetings with the Hiring Manager, completion of the necessary pre-placement checks including provision of references and the anticipated start date. These timelines will be individual to each assignment and will depend on the clients Commission’s needs at that time.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure all invoices are processed on SUN accounting system accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with client’s policies and legislation.
- Respond promptly to email, telephone and face to face queries regarding pay related matters.
- Maintain supplier and other records on accounting system and excel, ensuring adherence to relevant policies Ensure filing, retention and disposal of material is compliant with all relevant statutes and policies.
- Contribute to preparation and execution of monthly and year end reports and processes
- Provide Senior Management with accurate data promptly, often at short notice.
Essential: The candidate should have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in an accounts payable environment.
Desirable: Basic accounts payable administration qualification would be desirable but not essential.