Job: Clerical Officer
On behalf of our public sector Client based in the Greater Belfast area, MPA recruitment welcome suitable applications for the role of a Clerical Officer.
Clerical Officers are responsible for providing administrative support for the full range of activities carried out across the office.
Clerical Officers will be assigned to a business area within either the procedural or corporate functions but may be transferred to other business areas as required.
Start Date: 26th July 2021
End Date: 1st October 2021
Location: Greater Belfast
Salary: £24,192 per annum
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Providing high quality customer service to a diverse range of customers, both internal and external.
- Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives.
- Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures
- Recording and distribution of correspondence, emails, incoming mail / post, monitoring and managing electronic mailboxes and dealing with routine correspondence accurately and promptly and forwarding to relevant staff as appropriate.
- Organising and providing support to meetings, events and visits including issuing papers, ordering hospitality, meeting, and greeting external visitors and officials, and responding to any housekeeping queries that they may have e.g., the format of the meeting.
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic information systems to ensure a clear and organised file of all correspondence, papers, minutes, agendas.
- Checking and processing invoices for payment through electronic payment system.
At the closing date for applications, applicants must have:
- GCE ‘A’ level passes A*-C in 2 separate subjects and 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language and Maths. Applications will be considered from applicants with formal qualifications of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role of:
- Using effective oral and written skills to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels, including team members, members of the public, customers and managers.
- Organising workload and giving attention to detail to produce accurate, high quality work to deadlines.
- Effectively using Microsoft Office to prepare documents and respond to correspondence.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an administrative role of a) - c).
- Experience of assisting with the organisation of large events including communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders, working to tight deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Experience using MS Teams and Zoom
To apply for this position please click on the apply tab
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Michael at our Belfast office on 028 9521 1111.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and update with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.