MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a cook for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Assist in the preparation and provision of meals, have the responsibility for the day to day running of the kitchen ensuring compliance with relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene requirements.
- Prepare and cook meals and snacks following pre-set menus in accordance with Health & Safety Regulations to ensure meals are nutritious, appetising and meet dietary needs.
- Undertake simple stock control, reporting goods to be ordered to the relevant senior staff to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
- Undertake the cleaning of the kitchen and surrounding areas and also of equipment to ensure the kitchen is maintained to a high level
- Ensure the security of the kitchen and storerooms is maintained at all times to provide a safe working environment.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Ensure your own personal hygiene and cleanliness is of the highest standard
- Comply with Health & Safety, Fire Regulations and other Croft Care Trust policies
Hold NVQ or QCF Level 2 in a relevant field.
Experience of working with vulnerable adults in a residential setting.
Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
Hours are 10AM-6.00PM including weekends. Enhanced Access NI required – sporadic shifts
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.