£9.21 to £18.42 Per Hour
MPA are recruiting experienced Catering Assistants on behalf of our client, based in the Antrim Area.
The successful candidate will assist the chef in an effective and efficient manner to provide meals and snacks for customers. Maintain the kitchen, dining area and stores to a high level of cleanliness and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Food preparation, Vegetables, fruits, salads and beverages
- Food Service and plate food
- Replenish food supplies
- Ensure the correct food safety procedures are followed with regard to receipt, storage, regeneration and temperature control of all meals (including cook/freeze or cook/chill).
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and hygienic catering practices are maintained at all times in accordance with the Food Hygiene (General) Regulations (NI) 1996.
- Removal of waste from allocated areas.
- Observe safe working methods in relation to equipment, cleaning materials and report defective items as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety regulations appropriate to the area of work including Food Safety and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Undertaking any training courses including in-house and off the job training as deemed necessary to the post.
- Carry out cash handling duties.
- Report defective equipment / utensils / work and floor surfaces etc to the appropriate line manager.
- Work in accordance with duty rotas and work schedules.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade, as assigned from time to time, to ensure the smooth running of the Department.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 6 months experience in a catering environment. Candidates should also hold a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or be willing to work towards this.
A good level of verbal and written English skills are also essential as record taking is required.
All candidates must also be willing to complete an Access NI police check.
Please forward your C.V or for further information please contact Gemma on 02825420136
Job Types: 20 – 37.5hrs per week. Initially to cover 3-5 months. Shifts include morning, afternoons and evening shifts. Must also be available to work weekends.
Salary: £9.21 to £18.42 per hour