£9 to £0 Per Hour
Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in a rapidly growing sector.
MPA are currently recruiting Care Assistants on a permanent basis for our well-established client based in the Coleraine Area. This position will be based in Brookmount Nursing Home. The pay rate is £9 per hour (£17,364 per annum).
- To provide safe, effective care with compassion
- To provide care that is resident focused whilst ensuring that residents’ dignity and privacy are maintained at all times.
- To work to recognised standards, including RQIA and Apex Policies and Procedures.
- To provide, where appropriate, personal assistance to residents such as bathing, washing, toileting, dressing, feeding etc. whilst ensuring the privacy, dignity and rights of residents are maintained
- To observe and report to Nurse Manager / Staff Nurse changes in residents’ health, wellbeing and behaviours.
- To report to the Nurse Manager / Staff Nurse untoward incidents, e.g. falls, accidents, unexplained injuries,
- To report any concerns re possible abuse of service users immediately to the nurse in charge.
- To report to the Nurse Manager / Nurse in Charge any complaints, compliments (written or verbal) and maintain a record of same.
- To refer all enquiries regarding the care or condition of service users to the nurse in charge.
- To accompany residents on social and recreational outings and other appointments, as required.
- To be available to listen and talk to residents using an approach suitable to their needs.
- To assist with the cleaning service within the scheme
- To ensure that service users are always socially presentable in appearance.
- To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. dentures, hearing aids, spectacles etc fitted, cleaned and in working order.
- OCF/NVQ 2 Health and Social care or equivalent.
- Must be currently registered with NISCC OR if new/ returning to the sector must achieve registration.
- minimum of 6 months experience in a formal setting working in a caring / support role with vulnerable adults (either paid or unpaid).
- Willingness to work towards completion of QCF Level 2 Health and Social Care.
- QCF/NVQ 2 Health and Social Care or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a formal setting working in a support role with vulnerable adults (either paid or unpaid) with older people.
- Experience of working in a nursing environment
- Successful candidate should be prepared to be flexible and available to work unsociable hours.
If you feel this is something that would interest you, please call 028 7035 7035 to discuss further or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com