MPA are urgently recruiting for two PERMANENT Care Assistants to work in a small learning disability supported living environment in the Holywood area.
The unit provides care and support in a homely environment for adults who have Learning Disabilities and associated complex needs.
This is a 35hour a week permanent contract, shifts will be on a rotational basis.
Duties will Include-
Getting to know the residents, their needs and interests.
Work with colleagues and other health and social care professionals to provide individual care plans.
Assist residents with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating, and using the toilet.
· Assist in the safe moving and handling, transferring, and repositioning of residents.
· Accompany residents to and from the residential home.
· Accompany residents to medical appointments as required.
· Enable residents to participate in social and recreational activities.
· Feed residents and give out medication as required.
· Support families.
Starting on 28 days leave (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays)
an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
Cycle to work scheme
Access 24/7 Doctors Line
Cashback health scheme
Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
· Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing physical care / support for individuals.
· Knowledge of the service user group as specified under the service registration category - (Learning Disability, Learning Disability Over 65)
· Applicants must hold a Valid work permit
· Successful applicants will be required to go through an enhanced Access NI check
· Two satisfactory references will be required prior to commencement of employment. One of these references must be from the candidates present or most recent employer and must hold a supervisors or managerial position.
· Able to fulfil the Occupational Health requirements for the post
· Registered or willing to apply for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to the link provided or call to speak to Karen McCready our office on 02895211111 for more information about this post