Construction & Engineering
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by our client, an established building contractor who works across NI and ROI to source a Buyer/Estimator to join their team in L/Derry.
Responsible for the sourcing, procurement and delivery of materials to site in line with project programme and budgets. Working closely with the estimating, design and contracts departments this is a vital role in the successful delivery of projects.
This is a brand new role and training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain quotations
- Agreeing delivery times
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining well-organised work schedules
- Assessing the reliability of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
- Providing advice to the project estimator on the predicted cost of individual items
- Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided.
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured
- Knowledge of construction industry and materials included.
- Previous buyer experience required.
- Good communication skills.
Excellent remuneration package for the right candidate and company vehicle or car allowance
For further information please contact Conall on 028 7136 0070 or click apply.