Business Intelligence Engineer
MPA Recruitment been retained by a leading Digital Health organisation to recruit a BI Engineer to join their growing team. This role has fully remote options. You will be joining an organisation that has grown significantly in recent years to become a leader within the Digital Health sector by bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry. Their mission is to help people live healthier, happier lives every day.
As a BI Engineer, you will support a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders in their work to improve the health outcomes of their users. In this role, you will use your expertise in data modelling to design, build and maintain their GCP-based data warehouse to provide clean, robust data sets to stakeholders and enable them to explore their user insights and behaviours. You will be working closely with data engineers and data analysts on the team to build and maintain their data pipelines to ingest and transform data from a variety of sources. The ETL is managed with Airflow and primarily written in SQL (BigQuery).
People who have worked within cross-functional teams (and enjoyed doing so) will thrive in this role.Furthermore, you have experience with complicated and sometimes messy data sources and have successfully untangled them into crisp, beautiful data models.
Their data team also uses Looker as both an internal and external Business Intelligence tool.Building data models in Looker is managed by other members of the data team whom you will work closely with to ensure that the data models produced by your ETL and consumed by Looker meet the needs of your teammates and other stakeholders who work with this data.
In this role, you will:
· Collaborate with product teams to represent the data team’s needs are considered when they build or modify data structures for their products or features.
· Support data analysts, data scientists and product managers by understanding how they will consume your data models and design them accordingly
· Develop best practices for data modelling, write documentation and promote the use of these practices by other members of the data team
· Govern the design of data models
What You Bring:
· Strong SQL skills
· 2+ years experience working with a modern ETL framework
· Experience working as a data analyst, data scientist or data engineer
· Undergraduate or Masters degree in business administration, statistics, computer science or similarly quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience
Nice To Have:
· Data analysis and data manipulation in Python (Pandas, PySpark, etc)
· Healthcare industry experience
To find out more about this position please send an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org