MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Business Support Manager for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
The organisation has appointed a Mental Health Champion who requires a Business Support Manager to lead on corporate and governance activity. The post holder will manage the Business support activities on strategic planning, performance management and corporate governance processes for the Mental Health Champion.
S/he will be expected to work using their own initiative within the context of objectives agreed with the Head of Development and Corporate Services.
• Co-ordinate the update of the Mental Health Champions’ corporate strategy and annual business plan utilising up-to-date tools and techniques.
• Develop and maintain Mental Health Champion’s information database and produce reports to demonstrate progress against organisational objectives and initiatives as defined in the annual operating plan
• Prepare business cases and provide advice to Senior Colleagues on the development of business cases.
• To ensure the effective management of the day-to-day administrative activities of the Mental Health Champion premises
• To monitor Service Level agreements in relation to finance, IT, legal services, information governance, HR etc.
• To oversee procurement and maintenance of supplies
• Co-ordinate the collation of information on service users and carers views of service
• Develop appropriate procedures/ systems to measure, monitor and report progress against key performance indicators.
• Co-ordinate the gathering of regular performance management information for the Senior Management Team to demonstrate progress against organisational objectives and initiatives as defined in the annual operating plan.
• Draft reports on performance for regular accountability meetings between the Mental Health Champion and the DOH.
• Develop, manage and maintain the Corporate Risk Register.
• To support compliance with relevant Assurance Standards.
• Co-ordinate activities for gathering of evidence for the Mental Health Champion's Statement of Internal Control.
1a. Hold a relevant university degree or equivalent AND have at least 3 years’ experience working in a middle management capacity in an organisational development/ governance and corporate activity/ Business Support environment within Health and Social Care
OR 1b. Have at least 5 years’ experience working in a middle management capacity in an organisational development/ governance and corporate activity/ Business Support environment within Health and Social Care.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge of business systems to include finance, risk assurance and performance management systems.