Job: Business Continuity Manager
Location: Greater Belfast - office / homeworking can be agreed due to covid restrictions
Salary: £22,308.60 - 3 days per week
Contract length: 6 months with possibility of extension
Hours of work: 3 days per week - Flexible working between 8am - 6pm
On behalf of our public sector Client based in the Greater Belfast area, MPA recruitment welcome suitable applications for the role of a Business Continuity Manager
The Business Continuity Manager role is a part time post of 3 days per week within the Usher Services business area which in turn forms part of the Corporate Services Directorate.
The post holder will be primarily responsible for the continued formulation and development of the Business Continuity plan on behalf of the Director of Corporate Services.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
The main duties / responsibilities of the post are:
- Formulating and developing the Assembly Business Continuity plan, including the preparation of regular updates and written reports/briefs as required by management;
- Assisting in the development of Business Continuity strategy and policy, and assurance programme;
- Assisting in the administration of meetings relative to Business Continuity including minute taking, organising meetings and working on the delivery of relevant actions;
- Liaising and communicating with stakeholders such as business areas and outside organisations, including responding to queries as require;
- Undertaking research and investigatory work to contribute to the preparation of Business Continuity plan and other associated documentation;
- Managing information, records and briefings relative to Business Continuity;
- Contributing to the analysis of Business Continuity information or data, to support and influence decision-making;
- Assisting in providing advice to line managers and staff on Business Continuity related matters;
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of Business Continuity exercises;
- Carrying out other duties that the role reasonably requires;
Applicants must have:
- Successfully achieved ISO 22301 Certification in Business Continuity management or equivalent qualification within the last five years.
At least two years’ experience of:
- Assisting in the formulating of Business Continuity strategy, policy development and planning that includes briefing and communicating effectively and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Planning and organising a busy and diverse workload, and delivering high quality work to deadlines, including monitoring resources and projects for key stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure a high-quality service.
- Working with minimum supervision, using own initiative to complete duties and tasks efficiently and effectively within set time frames.
- At least four years’ experience in the areas each of the areas detailed at (a) - (d) above.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Michael.email@example.com
Or for further information and a confidential discussion on this post please call Michael at our Belfast office on 028 9521 1111.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and update with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.