Finance & Accounting
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 8B Divisional Accountant for a full-time, temporary position in Newtownards area. Immediate start for 3-6 months.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop detailed working knowledge of the extensive range of Directorate activities in order to provide financial direction to Directors and Managers and effectively engage with them in providing high quality financial advice and support.
- Provide effective challenge function in respect of operational practices so as to influence behaviour within Directorate Management Teams and obtain improvements in efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Provide financial training to Directorate staff to ensure effective budgetary management and control and to promote a high level of awareness among all Directorate staff. This will include regular, effective communication with all relevant budget holders.
- Lead and direct Financial Management Teams, providing support and leadership, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate development and training and are given feedback on performance and addressing any performance issues that may arise.
- A recognised CCAB/CIMA full professional qualification
- A minimum of 3 full years working at Band 7 (or equivalent) level within the Finance department in a large complex organisation.
- Delivered against challenging financial and performance management agenda for a minimum of 2 years meeting a range of key targets and making significant improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of having worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, internal and external to the organisation.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.