IT & Digital
£45,753 to £51,668 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 8a Senior Project Manager for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Postholder will take lead responsibility for the management and delivery of a range of complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems and Projects. The Postholder will provide a specialist IT service which focuses on the delivery of complex ICT Projects.
The post holder will work with customers to support them across a range of areas including contributing to the development of an ICT strategy, developing a plan to for the implementation of that strategy, identifying ICT solutions to support that implementation, identifying opportunities for systems development.
The post holder may also manage the delivery of the ICT elements of those solutions if required. In order to do this, the post holder will work with the customer; other teams within ITS, external Suppliers and other public sector bodies.
- Successfully delivering short time bounded complex ICT projects to time and budget as directed by Senior Management, the individual project Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and Project Boards, as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively and innovatively with all stakeholders to develop business cases.
- Undertaking desktop analysis of customer business plans, internal policies, strategy, operation and performance management documents to identify and report on how ICT can further facilitate customers in meeting their corporate objectives and deliverables.
- Review of customer business identifying risks in terms of availability, supportability and capacity. Propose options to address identified risks, including budgetary costs, procurement strategy and timeframes.
- Identification of solutions to address requirements which may use innovative technologies or transformation to digital business.
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in a project management role;
- Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in a project management role within a major organisation
- Have experience of leading complex ICT supported projects with a budget of over £100,000
- Have at least 3 years’ experience managing teams of people.
37.5 hours per week
£45,753 – £51,668
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.