MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 8a First Contact Physiotherapist Practitioner for a post in Belfast.
The post holder will be responsible for the provision of a quality, specialised service to deliver First Contact Physiotherapy Practitioner Musculoskeletal (MSK) Services providing a high standard of specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal patients in a variety of locations, predominantly in primary care General Practice (GP) surgeries. The post will involve seeing patients without prior contact with their GP and will be a source of expertise providing advice on the specialist service locally and regionally as required. They will be required to deliver clinical assessment sessions.
The post holder will:
- Provide clinical leadership to develop and deliver highly specialised interventions, meeting the needs of patients referred to the First Contact Practitioner Primary care service.
- Act as an expert clinical physiotherapy resource with advanced specialist knowledge and skills in the practice of musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- To work in an extended scope role; to order, interpret and act upon medical investigations within Primary Care, and expedite access to Secondary Care services as required e.g. Physiotherapy Outpatients; Medical Imaging/ diagnostics or referral to Secondary Care/ICATS.
- Have a high degree of autonomy and authority to make clinical decisions.
- Be responsible for and manage a highly complex patient caseload - determine independent clinical diagnosis, order appropriate radiological tests, provide the evidenced based physiotherapy treatment indicated, and maintain clinical records in accordance with professional standards.
- To be responsible for a designated caseload of highly complex patients using extensive theoretical knowledge and skill with cases of diverse or complex presentations and to manage and organise this effectively with regard to patient and service needs.
- Provide an advisory, education and consultative service to members of the primary care team including GPs, primary care nursing and physiotherapy staff, other health care staff patient and service users.
- Have advanced clinical competencies in medicines management; injection therapy; ordering and interpreting musculoskeletal radiological imaging and be prepared to undertake other advanced training as required.
7 years post graduate experience to include minimum of 5 years’ experience at specialist grade or above in MSK outpatient field.
- Degree or Diploma in physiotherapy (or Equivalent)
- Currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or eligibility to apply for HCPC registration and registration prior to appointment.
Hold a current full driving license which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. ‘Where disability prohibits driving, this criteria will be waived if the applicant is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements.
Evidence of successful completion of a minimum of 2 MSc. Level accredited postgraduate modules specific to the field of MSK patient care
- Extensive CPD relevant to the management of patients with musculoskeletal disorders that would be judged by the panel to meet the specification of this post.
- Evidence of completion of specialist/ advanced training or requirement to undertake to meet service objectives. e.g., IRMER and interpretation of plain MSK Imaging; Interpretation of Blood Tests for Physiotherapists
- Evidence of participation in audit and or research
- A minimum of two years’ experience in staff management e.g. supervision, appraisal, work allocation
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in delivering objectives and of working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders in a role which has contributed to the successful implementation of a significant change initiative.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Medicines management (or equivalent level training) enabling registration on the HCPC Independent Prescriber register or requirement to complete training within 2 years of appointment
- Completion of Post Graduate Diploma in Injection therapy (or equivalent) or requirement to complete training within 2 years of appointment
- Have an excellent understanding of the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.