MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 8a Financial Accounting Officer or a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
The Financial Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of financial accounting, payroll and financial management information within the Trust. He/she will support the Assistant Director of Finance (Accounting and Financial Services) in the preparation of the statutory financial accounts relating to public and charitable funds. He/she will ensure that financial controls are effective and appropriate. He/she will manage the Financial Accounting and Payroll functions, ensuring that the highest standards of performance are maintained. He/she will ensure that all staff are developed in line with the organisation’s and function’s needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that financial controls are operating to the required standards of Controls Assurance, Standing Financial Instructions and Audit Reports.
· Ensure that financial accounting policies and procedures are developed and implemented across the Trust.
· Develop and sustain systems and processes for the accurate recording of all transactions and expenditure, including accruals and prepayments.
· Ensure the integrity, accuracy and security of all financial systems.
· Ensure that Payroll, Payments and Income services are effectively delivered by the Business Services Organisation’s Shared Services.
· Ensure the timely collection and management of income including control of debtors.
· Ensure the reconciliation of control accounts including bank accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensure that the statutory prompt payment target is achieved and liaise with managers to improve compliance.
· Ensure that Charitable Trust Funds are managed effectively and appropriately.
· Represent the Trust Finance Directorate both internally and externally as required.
· Carry out ad-hoc or project assignments and assist the Director of Finance and ICT and/or the Assistant Director of Finance (Accounting and Financial Services) as necessary
Have full membership of one of the five professional accounting institutes within the CCAB or CIMA.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working at band 7 within the Finance department of a large complex organisation.
• Experience of managing staff for a minimum of 1 year in the last 5 years.
• Delivered against challenging financial objectives and programmes for a minimum of 2 years in the last 5 years, with evidence of making significant improvements.
• Worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes for a minimum of 2 years in the last 5 years.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.