IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 8a Development Manager for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead the technical design, development, and implementation of a portfolio of IT applications
- To manage the development of the resulting IT services to meet the requirements of customers and as defined by commissioning agreements.
- Plan and manage updates to the technical components of the services to ensure appropriate levels of currency.
- To ensure that all operational support services and developments relating to the service are planned and delivered in accordance with agreed support processes, SLA’s and ITS quality standards (ITIL and ISO 20000).
- To ensure that operational support services relating to the services provided by suppliers are planned and delivered in accordance with agreed quality processes, SLA’s and ITS quality standards as appropriate.
- Plan and manage delegated budgets, deploying financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive and agreed project plans in accordance with ITS standards.
- To provide expert technical advice and guidance to other ITS business areas.
- Representing ITS on relevant system governance structures e.g. Service Review Meetings, Management Groups, Regional User Groups etc.
- Management and monitoring of suppliers in relation to performance, change, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate change release and change management activities associated with solution upgrades or change with all stakeholders, including ITS Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Maintenance of Service Transitioning Assurance Process (STAP) documentation for the services under Postholder control.
- Implement and manage an effective Problem Management process.
- Complying with internal ISO audits to verify the continuing suitability, adequacy and effective of the Quality Management System (QMS), including identifying and coordinating the implementation of improvements to the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Act as the primary point of contact for services under Postholder control in the event of a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery event. This includes ensuring that all proactive system related disaster recovery processes are documented, tested and kept up to date.
- Maintaining an awareness of and managing any relevant interdependencies with other services/projects.
- To actively manage and control operational risk of services under Postholder control.
- Develop business cases and complete (or contribute to) PPE’s for managed change within specialist operation area.
People Management and Development:
- Participate personally in the organisation’s Performance Review Scheme and review individually on a regular basis the performance of any direct reports, providing guidance on personal development requirements and advice on appropriate action.
- Take responsibility for a team of staff and maintain good relationships and morale amongst those reporting to him/her.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of staff reporting to him/her in accordance with procedures laid down.
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters in accordance with procedures laid down.
- Promote equality of opportunity through his/her own actions and ensure that policy is adhered to by staff for which he/she has responsibility.
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in an application development leadership role within a major organisation
- Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in an application development leadership role within a major organisation
- Have experience of leading application development projects with a budget of over £100,000
- Have at least 3 years’ experience managing teams of people